Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Love 1.0, Love 2.0, Love 3.0

Awoke about 1 AM in a nightmare.

First, I was at a lecture with a Power Point show of a dark place with red and black features maybe fire and smoke, dark surroundings.

The beings there could not see well, and there was violence all around.

Then I was stuck in this nightmarish place.

I woke a little short of breath.

I decided to go upstairs to meditate formally on the cushion.

First, I saw this violent place as my intestines.

The bacteria, mostly blind, were fighting for existence.

Then, I saw this place as a metaphor for our daily lives.

We cannot see what is true and real.

We often do violence upon each other.

I then did a practice of diving down into the depths of despair.

This I envision this as a dark pit.

Sometimes, living and witnessing the darkness in the world can seem like a bottomless pit.

In this practice, when I hit the very bottom, I just sit there.

Then…

Something shifts.

A small light appears.

The light grows.

I recognize the light as the gift of life.

The light dispels the darkness.

This is Love 1.0.

Love 1.0 is this gift of individual life.

A precious, sacred, gift.

Then, arose the feeling of compassion and connection to others.

Barbara Fredrickson writes about this in her book, “Love 2.0,” this feeling of connection with another.

I am also reading Ram Dass’s Paths to G-d, and Adyashati’s ,“The Way of Liberation.”

They both write about the various paths of yoga and practices, where the barrier between self and other disappears.

That is Love 3.0.

No little self is left,

only The One Self…  

Hmmmm….

What a wonderful gift was contained in this nightmare!

Wishing you all Love 1.0, Love 2.0, and Love 3.0….

Namaste






No comments:

Post a Comment