Monday, October 31, 2016

Catch Bull At Four

That is the title of the 6th studio album by Cat Stevens. 

The title comes from the 10 Bulls… 

I originally read this in the book: 
Zen Flesh, Zen Bones, A Collection of Zen and Pre-Zen Writings

Also known as the Ten Ox Herding Pictures.

I’ve kept a small statue on my desk for many years… 

Riding the bull… 
 


I bought the album just recently. 

Strange story… 

I went to an audiophile meeting. 

At a local Hi-Fi shop here… 

Interesting, the owner was very friendly, always is… 

The audiophiles, about 10 or 15 of them were a little less friendly, less interactive… 

One guy, I met previously, about my age, he was nice, we hung out… 

Kibitzed… 

He said, “maybe I can rent out a kid… “

(… to pay for this $20,000 amplifier…  much less the speakers, turntable, etc…  )

I shot back, “maybe sell one…” 

(Our kids are all grown…  )

I think most of the audiophiles were introverts! 

They played a number of vinyl album cuts… 

To illustrate the several amazing sound systems… 

One was off this album… 
 
I ordered several albums online that eve… 

Cat Stevens is an introvert… 

Dabbled in Buddhism before converting to Islam. 

Steven Demetre Georgiou Adam, is now known as Yusuf Islam…  

When he took to being a Muslim, he gave up music… 

Now he is back…  touring again… 

Audiophile introverts… 

Introverts seeking enlightenment… 

Audiophiles seeking the holy grail of making their sound system…   

Sound like a live performance… 

We can only get, maybe, 30-40% there… 

Mimicking a live performance… 

Maybe we can get 99.44% to enlightenment… 

Like Ivory Soap… 

Who knows what is true… 

Us humans… 

Chasing after something… 

Not realizing… 

We are always

Already

There…  

Namaste










No comments:

Post a Comment