Saturday, December 4, 2021

The Sarchasm

“the intellectual gap between the person who makes a sarcastic joke and those who don’t get it”

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/sarchasm


I’ve been the victim of a book burning…  


Well, maybe a book banning…  


No…  not quite right…  


A Blog Banning!


I guess I really should be flattered…  


That is appropriate for a self-designated heretic… 


I should be flattered… and amused…    


But, it really did piss me off, at least for a day or so…  


Then I thought about this blog entry…  


That cheered me up!   


I have been a teacher since graduate school, started teaching in 1976.  


Taught all through my 25-year tenure at my medical school until about 5 years ago…


Including 3 years on a team helping to revamp all 4 years of our teaching program at the med school…  


5 years ago, went into private practice rheumatology, so I could eventually retire on at least a somewhat decent retirement income…   


My wife and I have been involved in the psychedelic research arena, together, my research ended when I left the University, my wife kept on doing psychedelic research until this past year.  


I keep up on the literature…  


Psychedelics are one of the most fascinating current topics, with deeply interesting aspects of science, psychology, politics, economics…   


We keep on talking about setting up a psychedelic practice, but these medications are still illegal, Schedule 1, unless we wanted to practice ketamine-based treatment…  


And I am still working 80%, 4 days per week, and very full challenging days…  


I have taught on and off on psychedelic therapy, mostly with my wife, we put together a dynamite role play program at the beginning of this current psychedelic teaching renaissance.  


I have taught with her on an off…  she has taught yearly.  


I was kicked out for a while, for being a white male…  


This year the program has had some additional difficulties…  


Won’t go into details…  


When I teach on psychedelics, I usually put a link to my blog at the end of my biography…  


This blog, after all, is all about self-growth and self and societal evolution…  


Exactly what psychedelic therapy is all about!  


The core of this blog are practices and methods which I have found helpful, or others have found helpful (as if there are any “others” :-D)


I always ask the reader to check in with yourselves, follow your instincts, I ain’t no preacher man…  


And, as I have written, I also am not some Enlightened Being…  or Guru…  


I guess, however, there must be some level of arrogance, just to write about these topics…  


Really feel the most important writings are on:  The 3 Commandments, particularly the mistakes of number 2, Love Everything…

http://enlightenedmdphd.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-second-commandment-love-everything_24.html


Apparently, folks running the psychedelic research program, thought the title of my blog might offend…  


Hence, the sarchasm…


So, they axed the link to my blog in my bio, and attached another link to something conventional about me…  


They then called me afterward to let me know…  


My wife and I were already cut to giving a talk only…  


I think the powers that be felt our role play might be too provocative and challenging for the students…  


So, I sent a polite email, declining to teach…  


Made the most sense to me, if my blog is too controversial, my talk might be as well…  


I think the act of avoiding our role play sessions, and banning my blog link, are an excellent example of a classic mistake of Commandment number 2, the mistake of Idiot Compassion…  

Additional relevant thoughts here:  

http://enlightenedmdphd.blogspot.com/2021/03/cancel-culture.html


I will leave it to the folks running the psychedelic teaching program to figure out exactly what they need to do to fix their program…  


Namaste



No comments:

Post a Comment