Monday, June 3, 2019

Dreamwork

I write notes on my phone to remind me of possible blog topics. 


I have slowed down my blogging, I think, because I feel very busy at work. 

So, when I’m not working, I spend time with my loving wife, I read, and I try to get exercise… 

Additionally, I think there are so many good books, articles, and blogs out there… 

I don’t want to add to the “noise.” 

So, I write when I feel moved to write… 

One note I wrote was the following:

“Even though you might get lost for awhile, I would rather see you, whether young or old, still out searching for the Truth.” 

Of course, my own projection… 

I am always out searching for the Truth.  

Could be in the realms of conventional science, medicine, or the far edges of what is, or might be, true and real… 

Of course, some say “Everything is Real.” 

Jeremy Taylor wrote a wonderful book “Where People Fly and Water Runs Uphill:  Using Dreams to Tap the Wisdom of the Unconscious.” 

May be out of print, but easy to order online used or new… 
 
I often like a book, because it agrees with my worldview… 

This is true here, but it also gives some great practical advice on dreamwork. 

Not only on your own, but how to form a working group to work on dreams together… 

I love synchrony… 

In this book and in yesterday’s book on Griefwork, I had placed 12 bookmarks… 

Jeremy’s book feels quite a bit lighter… 

He does touch on many dark matters… 

Most inner work deals with the unconscious Shadow… 

Some highlights:  He touches on psychedelics p89, working with introverts and extroverts p152, organizing a group p156, lucid dreaming exercises p215, shamanism p220, even the edges of science p234, archetypes p238, and, finally, 10 basic methods for working on dreams on your own p263. 

The most important message I received is, as I’ve written before, there are many paths that one can take on the road to evolving your consciousness. 

Meditation, psychedelics, shamanic journeying, dreamwork, and a multitude of rituals such as those outlined in Francis Weller’s work. 

Choose a path, or 2, walk that path with intensity, grace, and humor, by yourself or with others… 

Examine when you might be done with one path… 

When you have used a boat to get to the next level, perhaps it is time to choose a new boat… 

So let me end here with a reminder:  

There is a strict order to The Three Commandments.  

          1-There is only one Source.

                    2-Love everything.

                              3-Enjoy yourself.

And avoid the mistakes:

Namaste 





No comments:

Post a Comment