Sunday, March 2, 2014

What gets in the way of Enlightenment


I woke this morning with this thought in mind.

I’ve been intermittently feeling a loss of connection to Source. 

To counteract this, I increased the regularity of my sitting meditation practice.  I restarted my morning routine of sit-ups and push-ups with some yoga stretching and core back exercises. 

Added a music track to do a little dancing and shaking in between! 

And writing this Blog again makes me happy.  Must be a self-entertainment factor going on here. 

I do realize that there may be some physiological depression related to this loss of connection due to the following observations:
1-It is March 2,
2-There is a foot of old dirty snow on the ground, and
3-It is minus 3.8 degrees F outside! 

I grabbed my phone even before getting out of bed to pee. 

I Googled this entitled thought. 

Actually, I Googled: “whet gets invtge wat if wnlightenment”

Gotta love Google for translating the worst spelling mistakes. 

Some interesting websites came up.

The first one was:  
How to Become Enlightened:  13 Steps (with Pictures)

Actually, pretty good advice!

Interesting, doing the same Google search on my laptop gives different results for the rest.  

Bad Google, bad. 

The 10th one on my phone was the 2nd one on my laptop:
The Top 15 Ways to Achieve Spiritual Enlightenment

Not a bad list as well.  Includes entheogen methods. 
 
However, he mixes up “enlightenment” as the experience of that “pure pleasure feeling” of being within All-That-Is and All-That-Is-Not.   

Ignores the Enlightenment of the everyday connection to Source. 

Enlightenment as a verb. 

Acts done with connection to Source, every step Right-Action. 

On my phone, but not on my laptop, I got:
How To Get Angry Without Losing Your Enlightenment
From: Be Who You Are, by Robin Rice.

Robin Rice wrote:
“The world needs you. It needs me. It needs creative anger. It needs our unique contribution. Those cries we hear are our callings, and to be happy, to be awake, even to be enlightened, we must follow them.”

I liked it.  Reminded me of Pema Chodran’s book:  When Things Fall Apart. 

I leave you with 2 of Pema’s quotes:

“We think that if we just meditated enough or jogged enough or ate perfect food, everything would be perfect. But from the point of view of someone who is awake, that’s death. Seeking security or perfection, rejoicing in feeling confirmed and whole, self contained and comfortable, is some kind of death. It doesn’t have any fresh air. There’s no room for something to come in and interrupt all that. We are killing the moment by controlling our experience.”

“We are like children building a sand castle. We embellish it with beautiful shells, bits of driftwood, and pieces of colored glass. The castle is ours, off limits to others. We’re willing to attack if others threaten to hurt it. Yet despite all our attachment, we know that the tide will inevitably come in and sweep the sand castle away. The trick is to enjoy it fully but without clinging, and when the time comes, let it dissolve back into the sea.”

Namaste 


No comments:

Post a Comment