Monday, October 21, 2013

The See Saw of Enlightenment and Ego



I’m not sure this metaphor is entirely correct.

I was on a bike ride and thinking about how we keep a toe dipped in Enlightenment while performing the acts of everyday life. 

And, perhaps even in deepest meditation we keep a toe dipped in Ego, simply because we are still human. 

A visualization of these states came to me as a see saw, with a rock stuck under each end when down, so that the see saw would never be completely down. 

When one side of the see saw is almost all the way down, that rock represents the small distance that remains when we are almost all the way entering purely into Source, when we as the see saw are deep into Source, but a bit of being human remains. 

When the see saw is the other way down, that rock represents that we are never totally immersed in the Ego, we still have our connection to Source. 

So, I then went to take a picture of a see saw, since most of these photos I take using my phone or another of several cameras. 

Much to my surprise at each of the 2 playgrounds I passed on my ride had no see saw! 

I then looked this up using Google, and found most see saws have been removed because of risks of lawsuits! 

How sad. 

Yes, I think we can try to be too safe. 
 
I also noted there are no monkey bars anymore as well.  I guess that will save a few front teeth from getting knocked out. 

This see saw metaphor is not quite correct.  Nonetheless, I found it a useful visualization. 

And, I learned a little more about our crazy society. 

So, join me as we see saw between deepest connections to Source, where we always already are. 

And, the times we feel we need to don the comfortable coat of Ego to walk effectively in the world. 

Namaste. 



No comments:

Post a Comment